SLIP AND FALL ACCIDENTS HAPPEN EVERYWHERE
Slip and fall accidents happen everywhere and most often in places you are very familiar with or simply would not expect to be hazardous. Typical slip and fall claims include common places including:
- Grocery stores
- Shopping malls
- Office and apartment buildings
- Neighbor or family’s home
- Stairways anywhere
- Cracked sidewalks
- Parking lots
If you have suffered a serious injury such as a head injury, broken hip, back injury or any type of injury when you fell on steps, slipped in a parking area, or tripped in your local supermarket, contact our office for a free case evaluation and to learn your options.
HOW WE WILL HELP
Defects and Notice
There are many different type of defects on the ground that can cause people to slip and fall. Determining what a property owner knew or should have known about a dangerous conditions at for instance, a grocery store, a workplace, or on stairways is an important aspect of a slip and fall injury claim. It is important to take photos of the defect as quick as you reasonably can to document the defect.
Snow and Ice
If you slipped and fell on snow and ice, then it is important to determine whether that snow and ice was an unnatural condition. A few examples of unnatural accumulation of snow and ice would be leaking water that froze from a faulty gutter or roof, accumulations of water in cracks or holes in a walkway surface, or ruts in snow and ice caused by pedestrian or vehicle traffic. It is extremely important to take
A prompt investigation of the scene of the fall is an important first step. Please make sure to take photos of the condition whenever possible. Key legal questions will include:
- Did the premises owner know or should have known about the condition that contributed to or caused your trip and fall accident?
- Did negligent acts of a property owner or landlord cause the condition that led to your herniated disk, broken ankle, knee injury or any other type of injury that you may have sustained?
Examples of negligent acts resulting in hazardous and unsafe premises conditions might include:
- Failure to repair leaky pipes from which water leaked and then froze
- Failure to repair a broken gutter which resulted in a wet or icy sidewalk
- Failure to repair a depression in the cement of a sidewalk, driveway or pathway
- Failure to remove snow, resulting in icy tracks in the snow
If you have questions regarding a slip and fall injury claim contact our office for a free case evaluation. We are available for weekday, evening, and weekend appointments.